This week Amanda and I decided that it would be fun to make these cute Easter cake pops that she found on bakerella. We figured it was spring break and we had plenty of time to spend an afternoon making some fun Easter treats! We went to every store in the valley to make sure we had all the sprinkles and other supplies we would need to create chicks, bunnies, sheep, and eggs. We baked some cakes so we would be all ready to go. Everything started good. We mashed our cakes and mixed in the frosting. Yummy, chocolate and strawberry.

After the cakes were mashed with frosting, we rolled it into balls and ovals. Then they had to set in the freezer for an hour or so.

While our cake balls were cooling and hardening in the freezer we prepared the other supplies. Amanda made us some beautiful colors of chocolate! So far, so good! At least we thought so!

Now comes the fun part (or so we thought)! We took the cake balls out of the freezer and we started dipping. Dipping things in chocolate is a lot harder than it seems! The chocolate was too thick, too hot, the sticks would fall off, it was lumpy, it was just not working the way it should! Even after we finished a few we decided they were really not that cute! Definitely not worth all that work!

Look at Amanda! She is making a cute little sheep!

Here is my chick! We thought these would be easy!

A bunny! Honestly, What were we thinking???
Then it all come to an end! We were so sick of making these dang cake pops! They were taking forever, they were sort of ugly, we were having chocolate issues, and they didn't even taste that good! I will admit- I gave up- and Amanda followed shortly! She said, "making cake pops was hell!" I will have to agree! I will never attempt them again! Anways... here are some more pictures of what happened after we threw in the towel!

I made a heart tower!

I made the cake pops fight!
We laughed a lot! It was pretty funny! :)

We made a mess! We had too much fun!

We wanted to throw up! Disgusting!!!!

No more cake pops!
5 comments:
Haha, you should have made caramel corn or puppy chow or one of the other unhealthy things we used to all make when we were roomies!
Next time please call me when Amanda starts to use profanties.
At least you had fun trying! I miss you girls!
ummmm ... WOW! those are such a fun idea!
It looks like you girls were making cake pops for a horror movie! So glad you attempted it though - my belief is simpler is better! See you soon!
Post a Comment